The 20/21 school year brought challenges we never dreamed of into the forefront of education. What did we learn from this experience? What do we want to take into the next school year? In this workshop participants will explore lessons learned from the 20/21 school year and discuss how these experiences may help us move forward into the new school year. Topics including family engagement, transitions, instructional practices, assessment, and mental health strategies will be covered.
* Discuss techniques for establishing and maintaining family connections
* Explore strategies for classroom environment
* Identify collaborative assessment techniques
* Investigate methods of instruction to ensure developmentally appropriate practices are in place
* Explore various transition ideas to support student social/emotional needs
* Recognize the importance of mental health for teachers and staff and discuss strategies to support self-care